Translate

Search Caviar Girl

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Rick Stein's Fish and Chips - Cornwall

Stein's Fish & Chips on Urbanspoon
Padstow has been nicknamed 'Padstein' as it would be quite difficult to miss one of the five Rick Stein establishments in this North Cornish port. One of these such establishments is the Stein' Fish and Chips which is situated between his very own Seafood School and Deli. At this point I would like to point out that I am about to review a 'Fish & Chip' shop, and hopefully this does not diminish what ever reputation I may hold. However, as it is a Stein establishment, I feel it is worth the mention.

For a Monday afternoon the place was quite busy but we were able to get a table right away. At the local Lobster Hatchery across the way we were recommended to try the Stein Chilli Fish Burger special. I have to say it was one of my best decisions that day.

Chilli fish burger
The fish is fried in beef dripping and is probably the fluffiest and juiciest fish I have tried from a Fish & Chips shop. The chilli relish and mayo provided the perfect flavour combination for every bite and was literally dripping down my hands. The only way a burger should be as off late. 

The white tiles, slate floor, and long wooden benches really emulate the coastal feel of the area while the paper plates which the meals were served in really embody the relaxed atmosphere.


Square Meal

2 comments: