Translate

Search Caviar Girl

Friday 20 January 2012

Lantana

Lantana on Urbanspoon

I have to say, and do correct me if I am wrong, but I have yet to experience a better lunch/brunch selection of dishes than that from an Australian or New Zealand inspired establishment. And don’t even get me started on the coffee.
If comparing the top 10 talked about establishments on Urbanspoon London, versus Urbanspoon Perth Australia for example, 7 out of 10 from Perth are all breakfast places whilst London is mostly 100% for dinner. This little experiment therefore suggests that Australians put more emphasis on their morning outings. And why wouldn’t they when such a vast selection of breakfast/brunch plates can be enjoyed while gazing at the Indian Ocean.
Ok, so slightly over the top, but I still stand by my first comment. And this was only reiterated during my recent trip to Lantana. First by the 30 minute queue to get in on a freezing cold Sunday morning and second by the creamy coffee on offer. Oh and of course the selection of food on offer; just to name a few all ranging from £3.50 to £9.80:
  • Brioche french toast w baked rhubarb, blossom honey ricotta and flaked almond
  • Grilled haloumi, roast truss tomatoes, sautéed baby spinach and poached eggs on toasted turkish w herb pesto
  • Sicilian caponata w roast mushrooms and whipped feta on toasted turkish bread

Grilled haloumi and eggs for me is the ultimate dish, so I naturally went for that one.
Each bite provided a different combination of flavours; runny egg, salty cheese and a bite of pesto flavours all rolled into one. The bread was fresh and slightly toasted adding a crunch to each bite, while the tomatoes added the earthy flavours. Needless to say I wasn’t hungry until late afternoon!
The décor wasn’t much to shout about, but resembled a café by the beach with the wooden tables and open counters. Cosy and busy! Sometimes a perfect combination.
The staff were wonderful offering us coffees while we waited in line outside.

I recommend!
Square Meal

1 comment:

  1. Recently opened sister restaurant Salvation Jane is another winner

    ReplyDelete